Monday 2 January 2023

Best Toy Prchases of 2022

My apologies for the significant drop-off of content this year. With restrictions eased now that people stupidly believe the pandemic is over, things have naturally changed for me this year. For one thing, I got a new, better Audio Visual job than the one I was doing before the pandemic and the ones I was doing in the little spaces between lockdowns. In addition, my workload has picked up so much that I'm finally chipping away at my student loan debt from University at long last, and renting a house seems possible. That may seem like a low bar, but when your life was on hold for two years, it felt like a more significant accomplishment than you'd think it would. Sadly, the trade-off is less time to work on these sights. I work on these sites for fun; I don't make a profit on them, meaning that I need to prioritize what does make money.

Anyway, I wanted to do something different this year. Instead of ranking toys in separate lists, I wanted to do a single post cataloguing some of my favourite toys of the year in no particular order. Are these toys all objectively the best? No, but they're enjoyable for different reasons. I've sorted them into categories for you; feel free to skip through to what you're interested in. With that out of the way: 
 


 

Transformers

Transformers had an excellent year this year, didn't they? Legacy was consistently great throughout the year; even with the delayed start and questionable design choices for the Transformers Prime cast, Studio Series and Studio Series 86 continued chugging along. Shattered Glass was... kind of a thing here; importing was required for Slicer and Flamewar, while other characters like Soundwave seemed like a scam due to the price hike. Velocitron is a delightfully awkward mashup of toys that seemed like they had nowhere else to go. Buzzworthy Bumblebee began to put out far fewer Bumblebees and thus made the line far more interesting. Finally, somewhere there's a Swindle wannabe with a collection of heads taken from store shelf toys just because they're a Piston taking the piss out of the plastic-free packaging. Can't win them all, but still a strong year.

Studio Series Bumblebee Wheeljack


 
To make a quick tangent here, I'm not going to weigh in on that Wheeljack leak for Rise of the Beasts until I see the face in motion in the movie or another trailer. While I agree that the head has problems, it's hard to tell where the fault lies due to the limitations of a toy. For all we know, the glasses are some "welding mask" that he puts on when building something, and for the rest of the movie, they're nowhere to be seen. Is that a good answer? Regarding Bumblebee Wheeljack, though, I love this toy. I love seeing the G1 characters get new designs that still feel in line with the originals. It's nice to see modernized touches, after all. This one borrows a lot from the Transformers Prime Wheeljack in car mode, something I have no issues with because I love the look of Prime Wheeljack. The robot mode is fun to play around with, even if the transformation can initially be clunky. My only real complaint with the toy is that I wish more Autobots had different weapons. Ironhide, Ratchet, Brawn and Wheeljack all have the same gun, with slight mould changes to accommodate the needs of the three different toys. It's a good gun, just very generic and samey when compared to the other weapons from toys in the Cybertron scene of the movie. 

Crossover Megatron HISS and Bumblebee A.W.E. Striker


 Yes, as Transformers toys, these have problems. Yes, Megatron is painfully hollow. Both toys have vehicle part management issues in robot mode (Bumblebee more so than Megatron). No, these are not the best versions of these characters. So why are they here? Because they're a lot of fun, and I only need some toys to be a definitive version of the character. These feel more like toys than display pieces, fitting for a crossover of two well-known toy brands. I respect that people don't like how far it weighs into prioritizing the G.I. Joe side of the crossover and that prioritization has left the robots with plenty of issues. However, this is one of the best ways to get versions of those G.I. Joe vehicles, especially as the vintage market is expensive to break into if you're looking for a complete one with the figures still in one piece. I have fun using Cobra troopers as meat shields for Megatron. I have fun sticking Stalker and Snake Eyes on the A.W.E. Striker without a driver (though I wish the figures could hold the steering wheel). They are fun toys, and it's easier to stay mad at a toy with as good of a shelf presence as other Megatrons and Bumblebees that are personally more entertaining than them. Maybe it's nostalgia for play-focused toys like the Unicron Trilogy era, but even if it is, they're fun, and toys are meant to be fun.


Studio Series 86 Ironhide


I both love and hate this thing. I love it as it is one of, if not the best Generations scaled Ironhide toys ever made, but I also hate it because it feels like anyone who got the Siege versions of Ironhide and Ratchet, especially those who got the Earthrise versions, got conned. I skipped the Earthrise version (outside of Shattered Glass Ratchet and Generations Selects DK-Guard), and while this doesn't inherently replace the Siege version, it still feels like a scummy move. At least the King Starscream in the 86 like is a minor repaint of the Earthrise version. That aside, though, this is still a great version of Ironhide, and as previously stated, this is the best mould for him and (inevitably) Ratchet we've ever gotten. I hope the Commander Class Ultra Magnus is on this level (if it's copying the "White Optimus with Power Armour" gimmick), because if it isn't, I'll skip it.
 

Studio Series Sideways


Like many people, I have a "hit and miss" relationship with the Michael Bay movie designs. Many of them are not objectively wrong, but a consistent issue I have with them is how over-designed they are. The toys have been an excellent example of how they could be improved, as they can be designed more for the budget's sake. While I have yet to get all of the figures in Studio Series (though some I regret not getting), the ones I have I've generally liked. Sideways is a standout in this regard because the toy's fun to mess around with. I like the design in the movie, and it gives me hope for one thing in particular: A modernized version of Sideways' Armada incarnation. Come on, Hasbro, you'll need to refresh the trademark eventually!


Legacy Skulgrin


 Another "a lot of people are going to say it's bad, but I like it anyway" toy on the list, but not for the same reason as the Joe Crossovers. I love how bad this toy is. They tried to make this work, and while the robot mode looks great and the transformation is a lot of fun, the alt mode is awful in all of the best ways. This is not a tank. This does not work as a tank. But dammit, he's trying his best anyway, and I love him for it.
 

Legacy Tarantulas


Tarantulas was sorely missed during Kingdom. When all the other Season 1 Episode 1 bots got into the line, Tarantulus missing felt like there was a gaping hole in the line (one of two, but he's next). Thankfully he came this year, and while not as impressive as Blackarachnia was last year, Tarantulas is still fun to play around with. It's incredible how different and distinct these two look, primarily as they used to be the same toy back during the Beast Wars. Regardless of the mode he's in; there's a sense of intelligence to the moulding, like he's planning something all the time, waiting for the right moment, which is very fitting for the character.
 

Legacy Inferno


Most of what I said about Tarantunus applies here as well. The gaping hole in the line sculpts very fitting for the character; all of that carries over here. But there is one thing I love about Inferno, which makes him my favourite modernized Beast Wars toy. His mouth moves. The robot mode mouth opens and closes. I love that. You need to convince me that it is not the best thing about this toy.
 

Legacy Armada Starscream

Shame they didn't paint his wing sword red like they did in this product shot.

I never had the original Armada Starscream as a kid. The first non-movie Starscream I ever owned was Power of the Primes (unless you want to count the Combiner Wars Legends class Thundercracker and Skywarp). While I never owned it, I did play with the Universe Ramjet repaint a lot, as one of my cousins had it, so I've got experience with the toy. I love how faithful of a modernization this Legacy version is. I feared it would be more like the Transformers Prime characters, drastically changed to fit more into the G1 aesthetic. What we got, though, was almost everything I wanted in a modernized version. Same basic look but with modern articulation and engineering. While it sucks that there's no Mini-Con port to be seen, it's something that I can live with for now while they don't go all in on Armada toys, something that's probably pretty far away now that Micromasters bombed as hard as they did). 


Legacy Cybertron Override


Another toy that I'm glad is as faithful as it is to the original, without the nostalgic memories of childhood (I just knew someone who had the original Cybertron Override). Regardless of the price, I knew I was getting this toy when it was leaked, and while, with hindsight, I don't think it justifies the Voyager Price, it doesn't take away from the fact that it is an excellent toy for Nitro Convoy.
 

Legacy Transmetal 2 Megatron


Where do you go from a T-Rex? Do you go for the Transmetal "T-Rex with jet pack thighs and roller skates"? Apparently not. You go for the Transmetal 2 Arch angel with fire wings that transforms into a dragon! Like Optimal Optimus in Power of the Primes, Transmetal 2 Megatron doesn't have a land-based vehicle mode. Still, unlike Optimal Optimus, that doesn't feel like that big of a loss, especially when the Dragon mode is so good. The sculpt of the figure is fantastic, and the articulation is flawless. The only minor problem is that I wish the dragon mouth acted more like the Studio Series Dinobots' mouths did to have a bit more movement in the angle of the included fire effect. Still, even then, that's something I can look past. I can't wait for the Cryotek (I think that's the name) repaint that will likely happen. Gotta have an Ice Dragon to go with the Fire Dragon.
 

Haslab Victory Saber


I was tempted to leave Victory Saber off because it feels like a cheap answer. "Oh, of course, you like the $400 crowd-funded toy that will never be sold at mass retail" sort of thing, you know? But it's hard to deny that it is a really good toy. Not flawless. I'm eying up that DNA Design kit to give him better-combined mode proportions, but the base package is excellent. Star Saber is fun to play with, and I love how Victory Leo turned out. The Micromasters... were ok; not a big fan of them, but that's because they're not the first versions of those moulds I've gotten. I've got an order down for Deathsaurus already... but frag if next year isn't going to be pricy thanks to both him and the HISS Tank for G.I. Joe Classified, not to mention the possibility of getting a Retro Skystriker, if I'm lucky and not broke?.
 

Lego Optimus Prime


It is shocking how well this turned out, particularly when you compare it to every attempt Hasbro had on their own when it came to "building block toy that transforms". Sure, it's cheating in that it has a bigger budget, isn't aimed at kids, had a designer that worked on Transformers before Lego, and does the tried and tested Optimus Prime transformation, but just the fact that this exists at all is staggering, even now. I know a lot of Transformers fans are going, "Where's the Megatron?" Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but it ain't happening. Considering Hasbro's reluctance to do a Megatron that turns into the gun mode outside of the (intended for Japan only) Masterpiece collection, almost every version of Megatron goes against Lego's company values (though that hasn't stopped them before, there was that one Technic set where fans had to go "the frag are you doing?" before they pulled it). If anything, the next one would probably be a Soundwave because at least that one would be easier to engineer and could be filled out with Lego cassette tapes, like how Optimus had the axe and Energon Cube. Set your expectations accordingly, guys. If it happens again, expect it to be something other than bucket head.
 

Generation One Ramjet


This was a gift from a colleague at work, one that I was legitimately shocked to get. Mixed in with a bunch of Transformers 2007 Autobots and Decepticons from the original movie's toy line was a complete G1 Ramjet in excellent condition. This is now the oldest toy in my collection because, as far as I can tell, it's the original Ramjet; it's not a reissue. Sure, it's not a great toy by today's standards, but the fact that it was a gift gives it more sentimental value to me. In a way, it's helped show how far I've come this year because at the place I work now, I feel like a member of staff, a member of the team, which is more than I can say about my previous jobs in the Audio Visual industry. So for that, I'm very thankful for it.


G.I. Joe/ Action Force


I'm merging G.I. Joe, and Action Force on this one as the two feel interconnected, akin to how the original Action Force and Action Man were to the G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/ original G.I. Joe, respectively. That and I'm really only collecting the heroes of Action Force to act as the Green Shirts in my G.I. Joe Classified collection, so if you're wondering why there are no SWARM troopers or Steel Brigade, that's why. Well, that and they're expensive to import, so not getting the army builders is more affordable in the long term. Classified is an interesting one for me because most of the figures from this year either arrived a few days before Christmas or are still waiting for me to finish paying them off. Storm Shadow, Dusty, Zarana, Dr Mindbender, Serpentor, Sgt. Slaughter, they and others like them are on the way eventually but won't be covered today. So, who does make the list, then?

Snake Supreme Cobra Commander


I was not expecting to ever own this toy. I was certainly not expecting to like it if I ever saw it in person, let alone own it. I love how expressive the Classified Cobra Commander mould is, and though I still prefer the Regal CoCo mould, there's a certain level of gravitas to this toy. The black and the gold are a statement, and things like the cape almost give him a Darth Vader vibe, just way, WAY less subtle and subdued. Is this a needed purchase? No, but a statement piece for anyone who's into the line.

 

Battle Android Trooper


Shock horror, the Transformers fan also likes the Cobra robots. Well, it's a bit more complicated than that. I've always liked the idea of a force having an army of robots to fight for them. It gives them an imposing feeling, especially if you don't know how many robots they have. The best example for me is the Battle Droids in Star Wars. Sure, individually, they're pathetic, but to watch thousands and thousands of these robots coming towards you is. These emotionless, soulless killing machines could hunt you down forever if they don't gun you down first. That's what I love about the Battle Android Troopers. I just kinda wish these were a bit more modernized. Right now, the Classified line is going through a shift, a conflict of design choices between updating classic characters and modernizing them; there is a difference. Sure, there is an audience for taking the original designs and blowing them up to 6 inches tall, and for some, that's all you need to do; the original design is just that good. Others, though, need a bit more work, and I feel like the B.A.T.'s could have benefited from some more drastic changes to make them look more like robots, rather the humans with robot hands and a plate of techno garble on their chest. The battle damage helps, but it rarely looks good when mass-produced (at least in my eyes). Things like updating the hand attachments, including some bigger weapons that would be too difficult for a human to hold, and making the outfit look more like armour plating rather than fabric are just a few things that come to mind. I hope they do more drastic repaints of the B.A.T. While the Python Patrol ones look great, and the upcoming Crimson Guard ones look good; I'd love to see B.A.T.'s with more original load-outs. Things like "heavy armaments B.A.T.", "Stealth B.A.T.", "Marine Deployment B.A.T.", and B.A.T.'s better suited for technical terrain and battle use that could help them feel more like robots. 


Alley Viper


 Conversely, the B.A.T.'s wave mate feels like a perfect balance of modernization and update to the classic. Granted, some would probably have liked them to go further, but I like the colour scheme of the Alley Viper. It makes no sense in an Urban combat setting (unless the fighting is on construction zones during the day), but something is charming about that late '80s leaning into the tropes of the '90s colours. As for what they did update, the shield has been drastically improved thanks to an arm mount for it that can rotate depending on how you've positioned the arm and outfitted with some new technology like the view screen to help with aiming without exposing a vital part of their body. The new gun looks excellent, though you can use a new version of the original weapon if you choose, and the grapple hook launcher on the original toy's backpack is now removable, with loopholes in the gun and hook for you to tie string too if you so choose. So far, the Alley Viper is my favourite trooper in the Classified line.
 

Sgt. Stalker


 I got a version of Stalker with Bumblebee A.W.E. Striker. He was the pack in vintage Joe, like how Baroness was for Megatron HISS. Putting the two side by side, I don't know how anyone could prefer the original. The muted greens, the detail on the gear, the new weapons with the option to use the original gun if you wanted. This release felt like a long time coming (proportionate to the age of the line) due to Stalker being one of the original 1982 toys and a prominent character in the show's early episodes. This figure was well worth the wait, though.
 

Spirit Iron Knife And Freedom


A figure I was interested in but wasn't excited about until I got him in hand. Spirit feels like a delayed figure, thanks to elements like the communicator (something I'm somewhat missing in the more recent Joe figures if I'm being honest). Still, it does not quite fit into that Wave 1-3 set either, thanks to the realistic sniper rifle, making him feel like a good transitionary figure to help the earlier figures blend into the modern ones. Spirit's sculpting is excellent, and I love how Freedom was incorporated into the new sculpting and how articulated Spirit is. Is he as articulated as Kingdom Airrazor? No, compared to Timber, Freedom feels very limited. But, thanks to the interchangeable wings, the movement in the legs and head, and the perching points on Spirit's backpack and arm, there's very little you could want to do with Freedom that you wouldn't be able to do. From what I've seen, a consistent top 10 list maker in the community, Number 1 for some people; it's hard not to like Spirit.
 

Cobra Island Beach Head


One of the prominent missing figures for me in the Cobra Island sub-series. Though it's not 100% complete, I don't care if I get that Roadblock, so I'm happy to call it where it is now (that and I'm hoping the Cobra Trooper gets a reissue in a somewhat easier-to-get three-pack like the Viper did to bolster its ranks). Sure there isn't much special about it, but the sense of completion comes with getting him, especially as some consider him a member of the G.I Joe Chain of Command. Great figure? No, the main gun is awful, and the side arms are unpainted green plastic, but I knew that going in, and it wasn't enough to make me not want to get it.
 

Action Force Sgt. Slaughter (Version One)


The exaggerated proportions of the official Classified figure may not be everyone's cup of tea. While I am still getting the Classified one and aiming to compare the three figures, out of the two Action Force figures, I think the first one might be the best. While Version Two would probably better fit into a Classified collection if you're looking for something realistic, I like the Version One figure as it makes Slaughter look and feel older without taking away how tough of a character he is. Like I said in the review, recruits are still terrified of the more senior member of the Army personnel because they can still kick their asses. However, age has not softened him in this sculpt, and you must respect that.
 

Retro Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow


 I can see why people prefer the O-Ring figures over the modern retro figures. Though limited, they still have a sense of charm that makes them more entertaining to play with. It's telling that while the HISS Tank driver that came with the HISS III hasn't left the tank, I still occasionally play with the O-Ring versions of Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, and the other O-Ring figures I own (two of whom made a cameo in the Megatron HISS review). Sure they have limitations, and I was not impressed by Snake Eyes' big sword coming out of the box pre-bent, but it's hard to be mad at what is effectively reissued toys doing what reissued toys do best, be reissued toys.
 

Tiger Force Outback 


Does anyone else find it weird that the figure called Outback, which has gear often found in Australian Military personnel's packs, is not Australian? Whenever I look at Outback, both the Tiger Force one and the regular release one on the way, I'm reminded more of a modernized Digger than an American soldier. Maybe that's because I'm an army brat and have seen things like the torch Outback comes with in real life; I have even used one from time to time. While I still think he's a great figure, he's just one of those who feel like his bio doesn't fit the design.


Licensed Section

And now we come to the more general "I want to talk about these, but according to the numbers, no one wants to hear me talk about them, so they get to cameo in something else" section. Marvel Legends, Star Wars: Black Series, and D.C. Multiverse all got some attention from me this year, and while I can't weigh in on how they might be being handled due to not being as well informed, I can at least talk about what I know, right? Will that be interesting for anyone? Let me know if you read this section.
 

Silk and Doc Ock 2 Pack


 What started as a way to get the comic Doctor Octopus turned into an excellent 2-pack for me. I'm not as on top of the comics as other people who collect Marvel Legends are, so while I was aware of Silk existing, I have no positive or negative thoughts on her as a character because I haven't read anything with her in it, and as far as I'm aware she hasn't appeared in any Spider-Man external media. It was a figure I was going in with no significant expectations for other than "I like the character's design, " and I thoroughly enjoyed the toy. As a result, it exceeded my expectations, and I wish they'd redo a comic version of Spider-Gwen with that same level of articulation. As for Doc-Ock, while I'm not a fan of how the robot arms were done, it's still a solid version of the mad Doctor. A personal hope for me for next year is a movie version of him, but that's because my first exposure to Octavius was Spider-Man 2.
 

Black Panther (Wakanda Forever)


 It might be a bit of a new toy bias, as it's a pretty recent purchase, but I've been having a lot of fun with this figure. The sculpt and articulation always make her look dynamic, like a predator hunting its prey, which is very fitting for a Black Panther. I also picked up the comic Black Panther that they did for the primary Atuma wave, and while he's good, I'll admit I like the detailing done on the MCU suits. It's subtle but makes them more visually interesting.

Spider-Man (Renew Your Vows) 


I'm glad I listened to a friend of mine and waited to get this Spider-Man, as it's a perfect comic-accurate Spider-Man. On the other hand, I dread all the repaints that will come that are effectively the same as all the previous versions, just with poseable toes. Don't believe me? They're already doing it for the Black Suit next year, and the version of that costume I got this year was a pain in the ass thanks to Australia's awful store distribution... though it does look good with those touches of blue... I both love and hate this industry sometimes...

Iron Heart (Ursa Major wave) and Iron Man MK 70 (Controller Wave)


 I am a sucker for good-looking Iron Man suits; there isn't much more to add to this one. I'm kicking myself for skipping the Pulsecon Marvel vs Capcom Iron Man with the "PROTON CANNON!". I'm putting these two here because they're very similar in terms of what they come with (save for the build-a-fig parts), their articulation, and their general design. Do I think you need both? No, it depends on who you like more, Riri Williams or Tony Stark? I like them both, so I'm happy to have both.
 

She-Hulk (Infinity Ultron wave)


 Though many of the figures in the Infinity Ultron wave are great (Ms Marvel and Moon Knight almost made the list, too), I think out of all of them, She-Hulk was my personal favourite. A recurring trend you might be seeing is the articulation and how the act of moving figures in a way that gives them more life, thanks to the sculpting. A lot of the figures that I enjoy tend to fall into that category. In the case of She-Hulk, while she isn't any more articulated as any of the other female characters in the Marvel Legends line, even on her own, she commands a sense of power, of authority without coming off as a monster, something very fitting for the character, and something that I don't think the other attempts at her have pulled off very well. As for the whole "but the show was awful!" comments, I liked the show. Is it great? No, but I still enjoyed it. I watched the whole thing through, which is more than I can say about Andor, if I'm being honest.

Darth Vader (Obi-Wan Kenobi) and Darth Maul (Clone Wars)



Darth Vader was always a figure I wanted to get, as even to this day, I'm a massive fan of Star Wars. One thing I aim to do in the new year is getting more into the Expanded Universe, both Cannon and Legends. I knew it was only a matter of time before Vader would be back on shelves, and Obi-Wan gave me that chance. I think the cape is a bit much; it seems like he's got a cape made for someone five times fatter than him, though it does add to his intimidation. I love that he has the force choke hand with him, and I like that the Lightsaber has a hook on his belt to hold it. It's little things like that. On the other hand, Maul was someone I thought I would have missed already. Based on his look in Season 7 of The Clone Wars, a look that, to me, is the best design for Maul that we've gotten. It's his most intimidating, partly because the episodes he was in were set during the events of Revenge of the Sith. Even the act of posing him in the battle-ready position from that duel with Ahsoka gives an air of gravitas to him. The Clone Wars made me like Maul as a character, turning someone who was effectively just a muke in Phantom Menace into an almost Beast Wars Megatron-like, Shakespearian villain, which works surprisingly well in the Star Wars universe.

Bo-Katan Kryze (The Mandalorian)


 Even as someone who doesn't collect that many Star Wars: Black Series figures, mainly because the statistics I keep seeing don't interest me, I'll admit that the amount of Mandalorians is getting to the point of overkill. There are a lot of generic Mandalorian troopers and lots of variations on more iconic Mandalorians like Mando. But, credit where it's due, the abundance of them let me get this figure off the shelf. Bo-Katan was a favourite character of mine from the Clone Wars, and I've enjoyed seeing her pop up in later shows. I'm interested to see what happens next with her when the third season of The Mandolorian comes out. As a sign of how easily impressed I can be, I honestly thought the helmet would be a separate head and not an actual helmet.

Retro Carded Beast and Retro Carded Lizard


 I'm putting these two together, not because they're similar in any meaningful way. Still, "while I don't have any nostalgia for 90's Marvel animation, these two are great general representations of the characters." Out of the two, I like Beast more, but that's more because I like Beast more as a character than I do The Lizard. That doesn't change how fun they are, though, and things like Lizard's bug-eye head are hilarious to me. 

20th Anniversary Captain America 


 Like many people, I am not a fan of the holes in the shield for those effects. I kinda wish the effects ports were unified between brands because that would mean that people who collected multiple lines could mix and match to some exciting results (I don't know about all of you, but I would love to have Captain America's shield deflecting purple energy blasts from Decepticons). Ignoring the holes in the shield, though, this is an excellent Captain America figure, and I'd even go so far as to say it's a definitive version of the comic book design of the character. Worth tracking down if you haven't got one already.

McFarlane Toys Superman (Action Comics #1000)


I'm not a die-hard fan of McFarlane's work; my views on him and his company can be summed up as "I have no strong feelings one way or the other.". While I like some choices they make, other choices don't work as well in my eyes. Is it a definitive Superman? No, it's a solid Superman and probably the best one they're currently putting out because it's not an overly specific Superman. Comparing the line to Marvel Legends, I like how they all come with a stand, with some, like Superman coming with flight stands to help give them more height. I love how their packaging positions sometimes make them look more dynamic, particularly any of the Speedsters. A lot of effort seems to go into the figures' displayability. Still, sometimes that can be a detriment, especially when you start getting into the Deluxe-sized boxes (why does the movie Riddler need a box bigger than my head?). Sometimes though, the sculpt gets in the way of articulation, and in other instances, articulation gets in the way of sculpt. I like the wrist joints, but they can stand out pretty obnoxiously if you're not careful with them, and there aren't any double joints in the elbows and knees. Stuff like that is why I don't actively hunt for D.C. Multiverse characters, but I may occasionally pick up ones of characters I like. That was why I got this Superman.


And with that, I think it's time to bring 2022 to a close, and look forward to what 2023 has in store. It seems like there's a lot to be excited about. Voyager Class Tarn, Commander Class Armada Optimus with a a Leader Class Armada Megatron, Across the Spider-verse figures, Deathsaurus and the Classified H.I.S.S Tank. It sounds like it's going to be a good year. How good though? Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment